Sunday, July 27, 2008

Cozumel




Ok-ok-ok...Here it is! I FINALLY am making the time to sit down and write about our trip! It's killing me because I should be cleaning the kitchen (I still have bowls of frosting to clean after making Brynn's birthday cake), but oh well! Life's too short!
We were lucky enough this summer to take a family vacation to Cozumel. My brother-in-law, Brad, is turning 40 this year and he and his family were going to Cozumel so they extended the invite to whomever wanted to come and help him celebrate. There ended up being about 40 people that went! It was awesome! The water was beautiful, the weather was GREAT (except for some humidity) and the experience was priceless! I have never been to Cozumel so it was an experience in itself. The resort had a lot to do for the kids so we were lucky that way too! Matthew spent the whole time in the water. Luke took it all in and just loved being outside a lot. I loved relaxing by the pool, drinking a few Pina Colada's (they were basically virgin ones) and some Blue Hawaiian drinks. TJ snorkeled, tried to get some sun on his white belly and drank lots and lots of beer! My Mom and TJ's Mom and her boyfriend, Bob, went too. We loved spending time with them all and then catching up with the others after they got done suba diving and such.
One day TJ, Matt, and I went to see some Mayan Ruins, called Chitzen Itza. Not sure if I spelled it right, but I remember it from someone telling me that their tour guide called it Chicken Pizza...therefore, I can remember the name! Crazy I know! I will attempt to add some pictures here, but if I don't get them up I will have my friend, Amanda, come over and tutor me on how to get them up! Thanks for stopping by and I hope to update this again soon! School will be starting in a couple of weeks so I might get back into a routine soon!

5 comments:

Amanda West said...

YAY!! Great post!! I can't wait to see the pictures!! Maybe we'll stop by tonight and I can help you out!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Jenn. Actually I drank much more Tequila than beer!

littlefamily said...

Looks like Cozumel was a BLAST!! Welcome to blog world!!!

Kayren said...

Love all of your vaca pics! I wish we could of been there!!!!!

Nana said...

Hey, Jenn! This is Aunt Donna and I'm so glad you're blogging!!! The trip looks like so much fun. Think it's so cool that you all could go! What memories. I don't know who you think you're fooling by saying you had virgin drinks!!!