Tuesday, February 23, 2010

This Lenten Season

Matthew is in RE (Religious Education) and has a fantastic teacher! He comes home from class and wants to know what "sacrifice" we are going to give up for Lent this year. Last year, I did nothing and Matthew gave up his favorite, chocolate milk. This year, well...thought it was time to actually give something up. Matthew has given up ice cream (really not that big of a deal for him. It's not like he had it everyday), but who am I to tell him what he should "sacrifice". TJ, well his lenten journey is to give up over indulgence. He is a very extreme person. His explanation is long and thought out so I won't even go into the details on that one. If you would like to discuss with him his "sacrifice" e-mail him at tj@udallcaseycpa.com . What did I give up? The most extroidinary sacrifice one could give up, well next to giving up one's life for us, Diet Coke/Diet Dr. Pepper! Yes, this is true. I did it and I am going on 5 days clean. Hi! My name is Jennifer and I am Diet Coke/Diet Dr. Pepper Addict!!!! Haven't really had any problems until today! Thought if I shared my heroic venture it would make me feel better, but I must say...I WANT A DIET DR PEPPER!!!!! :-)

4 comments:

TJ Casey said...

I WANT MY FACEBOOK!!!! EMAIL ME IF YOU WANNA TALK TO ME. THIS STINKS!!!

azjenn said...

Isn't that the purpose for you to not be "chatting" with people all day...LOVE?

Kayren said...

I gave up sweets----other than my fiber bar (which has chocolate in it, that is probably wrong to have exceptions to my lenton sacfrices!) Good luck without your diet pop!!!

Amanda West said...

OMG, TJ gave up FB?! Did Amy too?! She posted something saying that she was giving it a break for a month...?!?!?!?!?

You can do it Jenn!!