Friday, October 10, 2008

Mike's visit

"Big Jet" and all of us!
My cousin, Mike Robert, flies a jet for Pella Windows. He called yesterday and said he would be in town today for 3 hours and wanted to meet for lunch. Matthew, Luke and I hopped in the car and drove over to watch his plane land (even though his co-pilot actually landed) it was SUPER COOL to watch. I got to hear him talking to the tower while we were in the lobby waiting for him to land. Matthew said to me as we were walking up to the lobby "Mom you are so lucky to have a cousin who flies jets" and then he said "and I am cool too because I get to meet him!" He was so excited...so was I actaully. Amy, Garrett and Connor made it to the airport just after he landed, but Mike brought us over to his jet and we got to go in to see how the cool people fly! It was incredible! The bathroom toilet lid was covered with the same leather that is on the seats! How cool is that?


We then jumped in the car and went for lunch. We decided to go to this restaurant over at Desert Ridge that one of our clients owns. I had only been there once...about a year ago...well I didn't remember exactly where at Desert Ridge it was. I was driving around looking for it knowing Mike, who was in Amy's car, was probably FREAKING out...and he was! I finally found it and atleast they got to see what cool stores are over at Desert Ridge for the next time they fly in and need to buy their wives a gift or something! :-) See I am always thinking! Thanks Mike for the visit and the tour!


Matt playing his DS while we were waiting...he was pretending he was catching the ball...he was playing Madden 2009

Mike taking Matthew and Garrett out to "Big jet!"

"Big Jet" that is what I decided to call his jet...for those who watch Little Einstein's...

The Bathroom...

6 comments:

Kayren said...

How cool that you guys met Little Mike for lunch and got a tour of his jet. He definitely flies a cool plane! I love your cakes! You are very talented! I would love to learn how to work with fondant (sp?). And I LOVED the videos of the boys, that tractor MOVES! Luke was so cute trying to figure out how to get it to go! Oh, and I'm super jealous of your hot tub!!!!

littlefamily said...

How Cool! Love Matthew's hat also!!

Amanda West said...

How fun!! I know Luke's a brute but... Um, Luke's feet look HUGE in the picture of him in the seat by himself!! That kid cracks me up!!!

Nana said...

What a fun day for you and Amy! That's so cool that you guys got to see Mike. His plane is way bigger than I thought! Pretty fancy inside!

Anna Leigh said...

That is so awesome you guys got to tour Mike's plane! I'm sure the kids thought that was big stuff!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Luke in the seat by himself . What a cutie