Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 3-6

Days 3-5 I really can't excite anyone about my "Me Time". It was boring to most and LUXURIOUS to me. I practically did NOTHING. I slept in until around 8 (or later some days). I went shopping with my friend, Monica, Friday night. We went to Scottsdale Fashion Square. That was a fun time. I used to work at that mall and besides some of the stores changing, the mall really hadn't changed throughout the years. It still is a place to walk around after a nice dinner or a "meat market" for the single crowd. It is quite the place to people watch. Ranks up there with the airport.

Saturday, my high point was brunch with my mom at IHOP. Fun huh! Was for me because I could eat breakfast foods all day if I could and was for my mom as she is feeling better and wanted to get out of the house for a bit. Then we went back to her house and I noticed her water heater was leaking so we worked on getting that fixed. She had an expensive day on Saturday!

4th of July was another day that I stayed inside the majority of the day. Cleaned the refrigerator and did some laundry. See I told you...boring! But on the bright side I have a clean fridge and clean clothes! Ha ha

It was an eventful day for Luke as he had his 1st ER visit. He hit his head while in Ohio and ended up with staples. I was really bummed that I wasn't there with him for this momentous occasion, but everything ended up alright in the end. TJ did a bang up job! (can you believe they handled everything without mom? Crazy that they can manage without me, right?)

Here is a picture taken of Luke's head after the staples.

After the ER visit, Luke took a little nap and then they were off to a 4th of July carnival. Again, proof that Dad did a terrific job! Know I now he can do these things so no excuses, right?


Today, I went to work for a few hours and then after a brief hello to my mom I decided to go and see a movie. I wasn't in the mood to sit at home. I actually thought about seeing Eclipse again (I know I am obsessed) but, am hoping that I will be able to see it with Steph and Morgan when they come home from Japan. I went and saw Knight and Day with Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz. It was terrific. Just what I needed. I laughed a ton! They were great together in the movie. Very entertaining! Two thumbs up!

Now I am off to bed! I am actually setting my alarm for the morning because I am taking some friends to the airport so they can go get out of the heat. They are going to visit family in Alaska! I think they will actually be COLD. They say it is in the 50's and 60's during the day which is like our winters!

Having a nice time, but missing my boyz! It is very quiet....and CLEAN in my house! I am getting a little weirded out about that. I haven't had to yell at anyone in many days so either that will make me more patient when they return or I will have saved 9 days worth and BLOW! I am a little nervous to find out...poor boys. They have no idea what they are in store upon their return! :-)
Until later...

3 comments:

littlefamily said...

sounds like perfect heaven to me! You have been productive around the house yet, done some fun things along the way. Sorry to hear about Luke's head but sounds like he recovered quickly!

Nana said...

You are so funny! Love reading your "diary" entries!! I think it's so great that you have all this time to yourself! Enjoy doing all the pampering possible - for they will return home!!! Sure sorry about Luke - but he's one tough little cookie!

Kayren said...

Sounds SO RELAXING!!!!!!!! I'm envious, but so understand how much you miss your boyz. They are beautiful by the way, love the pic of them from the 4th of July. I feel so bad for Luke!! Poor little guy. :( Oh and I love your toe nails!!