Friday, July 9, 2010

Day 9 - my last night

It was an wonderful busy day! I started by taking my mom to the grocery store. I kind of chuckled to myself, as I was watching her toodle on her merry way throughout the store, that a few years ago this was her taking Grandma Bert to the grocery store for an outing of the day. She did quite well. She is walking on her own really well, but did great holding onto the cart going around the store. She was ready to go home afterward. She said that she has been walking around the house to try and build up her energy again and then when it starts to cool down at night she will go out back and walk around the back yard (she takes some laps). She is still not feeling 100% secure on her feet so she doesn't like to go out front to walk. Which I am glad in case she falls - that would start a whole new set of problems. I am glad she knows her lmits, but at the same time is trying everyday to stretch those limits!
After taking mom out I had some last minute preparations for my MOM's group pokeno party. My MOMs group hasn't been able to get together for a long time and we decided to just amke it happen this month. Since my house was free AND CLEAN I decided to host. Typically, we get together for Bunco, but I wanted to play Pokeno. I sent out the invites and the theme of the Pokeno night was "Be There or Be SQAURE" so everyone was supposed to bring something square as a prize. I didn't get pictures of all the great gifts, but we had a really neat picture frame, a beautiful square serving dish, a Josh Grobin CD, a square jar with some square chocolates inside and a box of wine! So great! I won a round and won this little "beauty"! (NOT) I will be regifting this to TJ! :-)


Some photos of the DIVAS MOM's group.

Kelly and Harmony~
Harmoney & Monica (who was such a trooper...she had just flown in from London the night before and was very jet lagged!) Thanks Monica for coming!
Regina and her friend Lynette~

Brenda, Karen, Monica, and me~
My "something square" food presentation. Tried to find something sqaure for all the food to go on.


2 comments:

Kayren said...

You are the hostess with the mostess!!!!! I have never heard of pokeno.....but looks like a fun group of girlies to hang with for the night! I am so glad to get updates on Aunt Ann. We love her (and you all) so much and are so happy to hear she is doing better!!! mom and dad have Stella, Porter, Hannah, and Haydn for the weekend!!!!!!!!! They brought the golf cart home for them to ride around the yard in!! Too funny. They never did that for us!! :) I know you are excited for your BOYZ to get home tomorrow!

Nana said...

Your party sounds like alot of fun. I'm like KJ, never heard of pokeno - but love your theme! How clever! Love your pic with the license plate - you're too adorable. Glad to know that Ann is getting out some. Had a long visit the other night with her.