Monday, August 11, 2008

Matthew's 1st Day of School 2008

It happened once again...that exciting and emotional 1st day of school. Matthew and I had NO problem with Kindergarten. No tears...nothing! Easy as pie! Today, he started a new school and 1st grade. He was so excited as we were walking to school with some friends. Once we got to his classroom and he was lining up he started to look a little nervous. He didn't really know that many people in his class. Last year his class had 5 kids in it and this year he has 27 I think. It was a little nerve racking. His teacher, Ms Alfonso, opened the door and the students all started to go inside and I said my goodbyes and gave him a hug and a kiss and said "Have a Good Day!" His eyes were so unsure of what was going on I started to tear up. It was emotional for me all day! I am such a weird-o! I was so excited to have the day finally here and then I turned to mush. Some things never change! Look at how big my Matthew is!!!!!!

6 comments:

littlefamily said...

I cried reading your blog! Hard to believe Matt is big enough to be in 1st grade!! Time does fly!

Kayren said...

What a sweetie! You guys start school early down there! Is it a year round school? I'm sure by tomorrow Matt will be the big man on campus and there won't be any tears!!! :)

Anna Leigh said...

I can't believe Matt is in 1st grade! I love that picture of him on the first day of school--he is such a cutie!

Amanda West said...

Um, I was waiting on a call from you late yesterday morning but I figured you did ok because I didn't hear from you!! ;o)

YAY Matt!!

Nana said...

I think you handled everything great, Jenn! He looks so grown up! Sounds like a large class. But with his personality he'll have everyone charmed by Friday!!!

Sally said...

YAY Matt!