Thursday, September 4, 2008

I can be fun too sometimes!

Don't know what came over me tonight, but had a little fun with dinner. Had gotten these alphabet tator tots at the store the other day so I decided to bake some chicken nuggets and tator tots. When I was putting them on the plates, I thought "how fun...I can spell their names out" then I thought "I can make some smiley faces and use their tator tots as the mouth" So I did. I called Matt to eat and he jumped up to the table and asked for something to drink then he was surprised at what he saw. He said "It's my name! How cool"! I said, "I know...isn't that fun!" Just wanted to share a grace filled moment I shared with my son tonight!
Here are my masterpieces! I know...I am such a dork! I really don't have that much extra time...something just came over me tonight!

8 comments:

littlefamily said...

that is very cool! hannah would love that! I may have to look for them here in IA. Hannah has letters that she plays with in the bathtub and is always asking me how to spell different words! It is the little things kids love! You are a fun mom!!

Amanda West said...

I saw those at the store a few weeks ago! Haven't tried them yet though!! Good idea!!

azjenn said...

TJ keeps editing my blog! Sometimes I feel like I DID marry my father...my Dad always corrected my grammar and now I have my husband correcting my e-mails and blog!

Anna Leigh said...

That is awesome, Jenn! I'm sure those tater tots and chicken nuggets tasted so much better in the shape of a smiley! And funny that TJ edits your blog! I can't even get Pat to chek mine!!!!

Nana said...

OMG!!! I hope that Martha Stewart isn't viewing your blog or she'd be PO'd that she didn't think of this first! Seriously, what a fun way to eat a meal as a small child!! Way to go, Jenn!!!!

Kayren said...

what a neat idea! stella would love that, too! and funny that TJ is editing your blog!!!!!!! (hi, TJ!!!) :)

Amy H said...

Yeah. Baby steps. I can comment on your sites!!! Great idea on the tater letters....bet matt did not have trouble eating those!! Will have to look into them for our household...

Justina said...

You are too cute!
I hope I'm a fun mom like you when I have little ones! :)